These are my saved Pinboard links for 9th November 2015:
- DB1: Sequoia Studios – DB1 is the simplest way possible to connect to and query databases from Sublime Text. No local database installation required.
- arqfs – GoDoc – Arqfs implements a file system interface to a collection of Arq backups.
- psad – Intrusion Detection with iptables, iptables Log Analysis, iptables Policy Analysis – psad is a collection of three lightweight system daemons (two main daemons and one helper daemon) that run on Linux machines and analyze iptables log messages to detect port scans and other suspicious traffic. A typical deployment is to run psad on the iptables firewall where it has the fastest access to log data.
- Using PSAD and UFW – psad is a collection of three lightweight system daemons (two main daemons and one helper daemon) that run on Linux machines and analyze iptables log messages to detect port scans and other suspicious traffic. A typical deployment is to run psad on the iptables firewall where it has the fastest access to log data.
- Jessica Fechtor’s Five-Fold Challah Recipe on Food52 – This all might sound like a lot to keep track of, but I am a person who has a special impatience, and even I found this to require very little of me—no more than a half hour of paying attention overall. Plus, all the timing prescriptions are flexible: "Sometimes I'm giving my kids a bath and I'll do one fold in 45 minutes, the next one in 20 minutes," Fechtor told me. She's even skipped the overnight rise in the fridge, adding a couple extra folds to compensate, then chilling only enough to make the dough easier to work with.
"I've played really fast and loose and it's always come out great." I too have forgotten to set my timer more than once and the bread has apparently not been the wiser. (Pro tip: Set all your folding reminders at once—as alarms on your phone, so you never forget to keep resetting the timer.)
- Jade – Template Engine – Jade is a terse language for writing HTML templates.
Supports dynamic code
Supports reusability (DRY)
- walle/gimli – Utility for converting markup files to pdf files
- Shrimp and Gruyère Cheese Grits With Bacon and Mushrooms | Serious Eats – Shrimp and grits is a dish with so many renditions, the only thing you can really count on is that it contains shrimp…and grits. Often there's pork, sometimes mushrooms, and the amount of gravy can range from none to tons. This recipe features plump shrimp, seared mushrooms, crispy bacon, and rich cheese grits infused with layers and layers of flavor.
- Ubuntu Hardening Guide – hardenubuntu.com – This guide will help you to secure and optimize your Ubuntu Server.
Hardening (securing a system by reducing its surface of vulnerability) your Ubuntu Server is an important process to protect your websites, data, emails and any other informations you want to keep safe from the hands of hackers.
This guide guides you and shows you what you can do to protect your Ubuntu server. Not all topic listed in this guide needs to be implemented, it is up to you to choose which one you want to implement.
- Pizzadilla (Quesadilla Pizza) | Serious Eats – This is what happens when a pizza and a quesadilla meet down in the van by the river for a little late night action: Cheesy, greasy, crisp-edged glory.
- Foolproof Pan Pizza | Serious Eats – Although mozzarella is standard, any good melting cheese such as cheddar, jack, or young provolone will work for this recipe. This recipe is intended to be made with dry (aged) mozzarella cheese, the yellowish variety that comes in firm blocks. Do not use fresh mozzarella, as it it too moist. If you only want to bake one pizza at a time, you can transfer 1 ball of dough to a sealed zipperlock bag or container in step 3 and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Continue with step 4 when ready to bake.
- Get your all-in-one Docker playground now: HypriotOS reloaded! · Docker Pirates ARMed with explosive stuff – Detailed Features of HypriotOS “Will”
a modern operating system based on Raspbian Jessie
a recent Raspberry Pi firmware and Device Tree to support a huge range of hardware add-ons
a kernel optimized for Docker-awesomeness: Kernel 4.1.8 with support for OverlayFS
support for Pi 1 & 2 with the same SD card image
Docker Engine 1.8.2
Docker Compose 1.4.2
Docker Machine 0.4.1
Docker Swarm 0.4.0
support for network hotplugging
out-of-the-box support for WiFi
support for Avahi (aka mDNS aka Apple Bonjour)
support for Open vSwitch
our own package repository to easily update individual components
- Accelerated Mobile Pages Project – For many, reading on the mobile web is a slow, clunky and frustrating experience – but it doesn’t have to be that way. The Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project is an open source initiative that embodies the vision that publishers can create mobile optimized content once and have it load instantly everywhere.
- Matilda, Maple, and Garlic Pork Shoulder with Crispy Skin Recipe on Food52 – My grandmother (yes, I'm mentioning my grandmother again) used to cook her ever-present, giant ham by sticking it in the oven and pouring ginger ale over it every once in a while, as if it had won the Super Bowl. I decided to use a bottle of Matilda beer, a lovely fruity malty ale made here in Chicago, by Goose Island, with maple syrup for some extra sweetness. You'll probably have to special order the rind-on cut; I had a hard time getting one in Chicago, a.k.a Meatland. Strange. The ponderously long cooking time was inspired by The River Cottage Meat Book, a book that I find charmingly revolting.
- sferik/t – A command-line power tool for Twitter.
- ampproject/amphtml – AMP HTML is a way to build web pages for static content that render with reliable, fast performance. It is our attempt at fixing what many perceive as painfully slow page load times – especially when reading content on the mobile web.
For more info on how AMP HTML works, and some insights into the design, please read our blog post "A new approach to web performance" (which may be the first AMP HTML file you ever see :). We also have a non-technical description of what we are doing on www.ampproject.org.
- StackStorm/st2 – StackStorm event driven automation used for auto-remediation, troubleshooting, complex deployments and more . With workflow, rules engine, many to many integration and more. Aka IFTTT for Ops (uber orchestration). Zingy installer w/ dependencies included available at http://docs.stackstorm.com/install/index.html.
- Chicken and Vegetable Thai Curry Recipe from Quorn – Our Thai vegetable curry with Quorn Meat Free Chicken Pieces is a great alternative for curry fans everywhere. Just 172 calories and 1.3g saturated fat per serving.
- Vegetarian Nasi Goreng Recipe – Try this vegetarian version of a classic Nasi Goreng, with Quorn Meat Free Chicken Pieces, spring onions, peas and omelette.
- Durban Chicken Curry Recipe – How to Make it with Quorn – Use Quorn’s Meat Free Chicken Fillets to create a delicious, South African-style curry.