These are my saved Pinboard links for 9th November 2015:
- Logging the OmniFocus Tasks You Did Today | Colter Reed – Logging the OmniFocus Tasks You Did Today
Use TextExpander to Summarize Your Accomplishments
- Oven-baked Risotto Carbonara – Risotto – Recipes – from Delia Online – I just love pasta with carbonara sauce so much that one day I thought I'd try it with a risotto – same ingredients: pancetta, a strong-flavoured Italian bacon, eggs and sharp Pecorino cheese. The result is outstandingly good and got one of the highest votes from the crew when we were filming the How to Cook television series.
- Classic Risotto Milanese – Risotto – Recipes – from Delia Online – This recipe is adapted from The Delia Collection: Italian
- Oven-baked Smoked Pancetta and Leek Risotto – Risotto – Recipes – from Delia Online – A measuring jug is vital when cooking rice as it is always measured by volume.This rice recipe is another version of oven-baked risotto, this time with leeks and smoked pancetta and, of course, lots of lovely melting cheese.
- Thai Basil Fried Rice with Tofu Recipe on Food52 – Thai basil is a highly underused herb. It gives a faint licorice fragrance that completely transforms the flavors in a dish. Here, the Thai basil is added right when the heat is turned off. When the fresh Thai basil is gently folded into the steamy rice and still-hot wok, it transforms the entire dish and enhances the flavors of the garlic, chile peppers, and sauce. Immediately a most wonderful smell will waft up. Serve with a gentle squeeze of lime.
- Pork belly mantou – recipe | Life and style | The Guardian – These steamed buns filled with soft, spicy pork are a warm and sticky Chinese twist on the classic sandwich
- Nigel Slater’s pork belly recipe | Life and style | The Guardian – A meal with a traditional feel
- Nigel Slater’s five pork belly recipes | Life and style | The Guardian – Britain's best food writer has delicious ideas for the most succulent part of the pig
- How to make the perfect custard tart | Life and style | The Guardian – Not to be confused with the Portuguese or French versions, this silky dessert in a crisp crust is a British classic. But should the pastry be enriched with sugar – and should your custard be made with cream or milk?
- The 20 best breakfast recipes: part 4 | Life and style | The Guardian – American pancakes, Indian omelette and homemade yogurt from top cooks including Nigel Slater and Vivek Singh
- The 20 best breakfast recipes: part 2 | Life and style | The Guardian – Breakfasts from Egypt, Asia and Mexico – and the best way to do kippers
- The 20 best breakfast recipes: part 3 | Life and style | The Guardian – Kedgeree, crumpets – and the definitive full English recipe
- nvie/gitflow – Git extensions to provide high-level repository operations for Vincent Driessen's branching model.
- Japanese-style shredded vegetable pancakes – Based on Japanese omelettes called okonomiyaki, you can vary the filling according to what's in season — baby spinach, watercress or mushrooms also work well
- saldl/saldl – An in-order multi-connection CLI downloader based on libcurl.
- stargrave/syncer – Fast stateful file/disk data syncer (mirror of http://git.cypherpunks.ru/cgit.cgi/syncer.git/)
- donnemartin/saws – A Supercharged AWS Command Line Interface (CLI).
- How to make the perfect chana masala | Life and style | The Guardian – Whether eaten as a snack, main meal or even for breakfast, this tangy chickpea curry is arguably the most popular vegetarian dish in India. But should you used dried pulses or tinned, add or omit fresh coriander – and can you really eat it with pasta and parmesan?
- Online Chart Maker | amCharts – Live Editor – Make your charts online
- What Happens Next Will Amaze You – What Happens Next Will Amaze You
This is the text version of a talk I gave on September 14, 2015, at the FREMTIDENS INTERNET conference in Copenhagen, Denmark.