These are my saved Pinboard links for 6th February 2013:
- Birthday Lasagna recipe from Food52 – This meat lasagna doesn't have any ricotta — instead, it employs a bechamel for creaminess. Use fresh pasta if you can find it!
- DOUBLE POTATO AND HALLOUMI BAKE | Recipes | Nigella Lawson – I first made this for a piece I was writing for Vogue on the mood-enhancing properties of carbohydrates, as promoted by such books as – and how's this for a title? – Potatoes Not Prozac. The fact that shortly after filing the article I went on a low-carbohydrate diet should not worry us too much here, for I should say that no one has eaten this without being mad for it. It's a simple idea, and as simple to execute. What's more, there's a balance between the components – bland and sweet potatoes, almost-caramelised onion and garlic, more juicy sweetness with the peppers and then the uncompromising plain saltiness of the halloumi (which you should be able to get easily in a supermarket) – that seems to add to the eater's equilibrium in turn. You could substitute feta, or do without the cheese altogether if you wanted to serve this as a side dish to roast chicken, say, but in which case be generous with the Maldon salt once the bake comes out of the oven.
And forgetting about pseudo-scientific and other optimistic theories for a while; this is so upliftingly beautiful to look at: real good-mood colours.
- Halloumi stuffed peppers recipe – Recipes – BBC Good Food – Full of wonderful flavours and textures, these vegetarian stuffed peppers make a great supper or dinner party starter
- Grilled halloumi with spiced couscous recipe – Recipes – BBC Good Food – Light but filling, this tangy vegetarian dish takes just 20 minutes to prepare – and leftovers will do for lunch
- Halloumi aubergine burgers with harissa relish recipe – Recipes – BBC Good Food – A veggie stack with a difference – flavour your fried cheese with Moroccan harissa paste and creamy houmous
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potato Mash – Give the family a warming winter treat with this hearty, vegetarian shepherd's pie, topped with a cheesy sweet potato mash.
- Griddled Polenta Cakes with Caramelized Onions, Goat Cheese, and Honey recipe from Food52 – This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite tapas- fried goat cheese with onion jam and honey. It's a sweet little bite of deliciousness.
- App.net plugin for WordPress – Bensmann – This is a plugin that will allow you to embed ADN posts and add a App.net widget to your sidebar in WordPress.