These are my saved Pinboard links for 6th August 2013:
- andreafabrizi/Dropbox-Uploader · GitHub – Dropbox Uploader is a BASH script which can be used to upload, download, delete, list files (and more!) from Dropbox, an online file sharing, synchronization and backup service.
It's written in BASH scripting language and only needs cURL.
- Chicken Fingers recipe on Food52.com – Makes 10 to 12 large chicken fingers
- Jamaican Chicken Curry | Serious Eats : Recipes – Vibrant, ochre Jamaican curry differs from its Indian counterpart, thanks to a healthy dose of allspice; it's a bit soupier, too. Like South Asian takes, however, Jamaicans incorporate coconut milk, resulting in a silky, soupy and singular dish that pairs well with Jamaican beans ("peas") and rice. Season some sliced plantains with salt and pepper; place them in a pan with melted butter and a bit of brown sugar, and allow them to caramelize for another perfect companion.
If you want to kick up the heat, add another Scotch Bonnet pepper or, perhaps, a bit of cayenne.
Because results vary considerably depending on the curry mix you use, you may need to tweak the flavors slightly. Or feel free to make your own (see note below). Add a bit more vinegar and Worcestershire sauce if you find it lacking in depth.
Note: Note: If you want to make your curry spice mix from scratch, do so by combining 2 tablespoons each of cumin seeds, whole mustard seeds and anise, along with 3 tablespoons of coriander seeds and 1 tablespoon each of whole allspice and fenugreek. Toast the mixture in a dry pan over medium heat until fragrant, and add a hefty 5 tablespoons of turmeric. Then, grind in a spice grinder, transfer to a tightly sealed container and store in a cool, dark place until you're ready to use it.
- 11 Sinfully Easy Green Bean Casserole Recipes – Among the most popular side dishes for Thanksgiving, green bean casserole is one of my favorites. It’s easy to cook, cost effective, and delicious.
Just to give you a better background about green bean casserole, here is more information: Green bean casserole is a casserole consisting of green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and french fried onions. Some recipes may also include ground black pepper and/or soy sauce. It is a popular Thanksgiving side dish in the United States. – Wikipedia
I assembled seven of my favorite green bean casserole recipes here, and added four more exciting ones with their links. If it’s your fancy, go ahead and try some of them. It would be my pleasure.
- High-performance RDP on the Raspberry Pi » pi3g Blog – RDP is a convenient way to connect to Windows and also other operating systems with RDP host software, e.g. Linux. RDP transmits display information more efficiently than VLC, as it sees the structure of the screen and it’s elements. It also allows to transmit audio information both ways – playback and recording, share printers, drives, and more. As it is an extensible protocol, efficient video / multimedia playback can be implemented – and has been implemented, albeit apparently only in Windows Media Player.
The Raspberry Pi is a low-power device, with Full-HD (and audio) capable HDMI output.
FreeRDP is a mighty utility to connect to RDP servers, and utilize many of their possibilities. It even supports the video extensions for RDP (in RDP lingo: video redirection virtual channel extension) with ffmpeg. Don’t get your hope up too high right now, though: while theoretically feasible in software, it still would have to be written for both the Raspberry AND the host (it is not a “plug & forget” solution, but the software run on the server has to support it specifically).
- BBC-News/wraith · GitHub – Wraith is a screenshot comparison tool, created by developers at BBC News.
- Raspberry Crumb Bars | Serious Eats : Recipes – Welcome to today's episode of Totally Superfluous Problems That Don't Really Need to Be Solved but I'll Attempt Anyway. In case you missed it, last week's episode was How to Retrieve Toast that's Too Small To Toast and Gets Stuck in the Toaster. (Answer? Fondue forks!)
This week? How to Easily Eat a Crumble at the Beach. You know the scenario (or maybe you don't, but play along): you've taken your bounty of summer berries and made them into a buttery crumble for dessert. It's absolutely delicious and the next day, when you're packing up your cooler for the beach, you look longingly at the heavy baking dish (because we're all baking in our Le Creusets, right?), wishing there a way to pack it. There's no room for the whole pan under the layer of Bud Lime-A-Ritas (we're assuming the SE staff is packing this cooler) and dropping spoonfuls into a tupperware isn't ideal because it gets all mushed together. The solution? Crumb bars.
In fact, seen from the top, these bars (before they're cut into bars) look just like a crumble. That's because shortbread is topped with raspberries (you can substitute blueberries) and blobs of buttery dough. The result is akin to a crumble on top of shortbread. You get all the same fruit, butter, and toasted crumb, though they stay nicely intact when wrapped and packed. (Totally superfluous) problem solved!
- the perfect outdoors sandwich – honey mustard bbq sausages and onions! – Guardian Witness – While it may be too hot to think of roasting sausages right now, bung them on the BBQ and you have the perfect outdoors sandwich – there are few things I love more than the sweet, tangy flavour of sausages cooked with honey and mustard. Caramelised onions with honey and mustard are a bonus.
I'm giving you the cooking times for roasting in the oven, but they do work really well on a grill, especially if you impale them on skewers to keep them together and baste liberally with the honey mustard dressing.