These are my saved Pinboard links for 30th March 2013:
- tritonas00/system-tar-and-restore · GitHub – System tar & restore contains two bash scripts, backup and restore.
The purpose is to make the process of backing up and restoring a full GNU/Linux installation easier, using tar or transfer an existing installation using rsync.
Supported distributions: Arch, Debian, Fedora
- Black Bean & Quinoa Soup | Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking – The thing about this soup, is that it’s almost the only time in the world where I don’t rinse the canned beans. The whole shebang is poured right in, creating a flavorful full-bodied broth that is so monumentally satisfying with the chewy quinoa. Of course, we have our usual black bean soup suspects — cumin, oregano, bay, cilantro — and all that flavor just gets sealed into the delicious broth. It’s familiar but definitely not ordinary.
You can certainly customize to your desires; add some kale at the end, maybe even potatoes with the carrots, or corn. I would have used jalapenos if I had some on hand, too. But the red pepper flakes provide a nice heat and this soup hits the spot if you’re craving something spicy and filling, that you can throw avocado on.
- Spicy Lentil Dahl – I used to use the recipe in Sundays at Moosewood, but my stomach
always seemed to react badly to it, eventually. I found this recipe
last year and for some reason, my stomach has no problem with thi…
- cortesi/hippo · GitHub – Hippo is a thin layer built on top of Git that simplifies managing a host-wide repository of files with metadata (permissions and ownership). Conceptually, Hippo simply serializes metadata before certain Git commands are run, and restores file metadata after others. By default, the host-wide git repository lives in /var/hippo/.git, metadata is tracked in /var/hippo/manifest.
- FullCalendar – Full-sized Calendar jQuery Plugin – FullCalendar is a jQuery plugin that provides a full-sized, drag & drop calendar like the one below. It uses AJAX to fetch events on-the-fly for each month and is easily configured to use your own feed format (an extension is provided for Google Calendar). It is visually customizable and exposes hooks for user-triggered events (like clicking or dragging an event). It is open source licensed under an MIT license.
- iOS and Android Photoshop Actions & Workflows – Over the last few years I’ve built a set of Actions that I use daily. They save a bit of time, but more importantly, they remove the need to remember best practices for each step.
- WikiStart – Tiny Tiny RSS – Tiny Tiny RSS is an open source web-based news feed (RSS/Atom) reader and aggregator, designed to allow you to read news from any location, while feeling as close to a real desktop application as possible.
- Easy Table of Contents Creation in Adobe InDesign « Layers Magazine – In this tutorial, Jeff Witchel shows you InDesign’s built-in Table of Contents generator for easily creating and updating your TOC’s pages.