These are my saved Pinboard links for 25th November 2012:
- Web Font Specimen – Web Font Specimen is a handy, free resource web designers and type designers can use to see how typefaces will look on the web. Debuted in a special issue of A List Apart, Web Font Specimen is now in its second iteration.
- Breakfast recipe: Shakshuka | Life and style | The Observer – Yotam Ottolenghi's favourite Israeli and North African breakfast, eggs braised in an aromatic tomato and pepper sauce
- Nigel Slater’s ketchup recipes | Life and style | The Observer – Everyone loves tomato sauce, but if you make your own it will add even greater depth and flavour to your dinner
- How to Create Retina Graphics for your Web Designs – The more products Apple releases, the more widespread Retina displays become. So far we have Retina capable iPhones, iPods, iPads and MacBooks of various sizes, which together make up a pretty substantial audience. Let’s take a look at how you can create special retina graphics for your website so your design looks crisp, sharp and clear on those powerful screens.
- A List Apart: Articles: On Web Typography – There are many books and articles on typography, but considerably few explore typeface selection and pairing. With the floodgates poised to open and the promise of many typefaces being freed up for use on websites, choosing the right face to complement a website’s design will need to become another notch in the designer’s belt. But where do we start?
automatically hyphenates texts on websites if either the webdeveloper has included the script on the website or you use it as a bookmarklet on any site.
automatically breaks URLs on any browser that supports the zero width space.
runs on the client in order that the HTML source of the website may be served clean and svelte and that it can respond to text resizings by the user.
has a documented API and is highly configurable to meet your needs.
supports a wide range of languages.
relies on Franklin M. Liangs hyphenation algorithm (PDF) commonly known from LaTeX and OpenOffice.
is free software licensed under LGPL v3 with additional permission to distribute non-source (e.g., minimized or compacted) forms of that code (see source code header for details).
provides services for customizing, merging and packing script and patterns.
- prezjordan/cleaver · GitHub – A command-line tool for generating HTML slideshows with JSON