These are my saved Pinboard links for 20th November 2012:
- The Elements of Typographic Style Applied to the Web – a practical guide to web typography – A practical guide to web typography
- Ease Neck and Shoulder Tension Quickly with Desk Yoga – Sitting at your desk all day can literally be a pain in the neck. This 4-minute video from GAIAM yoga instructor Rodney Yee can help loosen tight neck and shoulder muscles, relieving stress.
If you carry a lot of your stress in your shoulder area, these quick exercises are a great relief. The nice thing about desk yoga stretches is you don't need a lot of space or time to do them, but you can feel the effects right away.
This video from GAIAM is part of a series of desk yoga videos from famous instructor Rodney Yee. If you have another 15 minutes to spare, be sure to check out the desk yoga videos for your back, head and eyes, and breathing. We've also previously noted yoga exercises for preventing office wrist pain. Namaste!
- 22 Killer Personal Development Resources You’re Missing Out On – You’ve got the personal development itch once again.
You know the feeling. Maybe you want to be more productive, finally tackle that goal of yours, or start waking up earlier.
So you go to Google or your favorite personal development blogs. Maybe if you still haven’t found what you’re looking for you try searching for a Youtube video or ask your Facebook friends if they know of any good sites.
And that’s it. You’ve exhausted your resources and don’t know where else to look.
Sometimes you find what you need, but you still have a sense that there’s got to be more. That you don’t know – what you don’t know.
And that’s where you get stuck. Wanting more, but just not knowing where to find it.
Today I hope to change that by sharing with you 22 of the killer personal development resources you’re missing out on.
- Maple Cream Tart – an article from Food52 – I'm sure you don't need another Thanksgiving dessert recipe to add to your list, and yet I must contribute just one more. This one, this maple cream tart, will go toe to toe with your pumpkin pie, and put any other dessert on the canvas.
It's the Tom Wolfe of tarts, nattily dressed in a single color. Its maple cream is gently sweet and as serene as its dune palette. The tart has a press-in crust (ideal for the holidays when counter space is at a premium) and a filling that can be whisked together in 2 minutes.
Make it the day before. Chill it in the fridge. Embrace its serenity.
- ownCloud.org | Your Cloud, Your Data, Your Way! – ownCloud gives you universal access to your files through a web interface or WebDAV. It also provides a platform to easily view & sync your contacts, calendars and bookmarks across all your devices and enables basic editing right on the web. Installation has minimal server requirements, doesn’t need special permissions and is quick. ownCloud is extendable via a simple but powerful API for applications and plugins.