These are my saved Pinboard links for 18th April 2012:
- Coconut Curried Tofu with Green Jasmine Rice Recipe at Epicurious.com – Makes 4 servings
- Veggie lasagne with basil & four-cheese sauce – This dish is ideal for freezing. Wrap well and freeze at the end of step 3. Thaw and continue to cook from step 4.
- Stir-Fried Tofu with Mushrooms, Sugar Snap Peas, and Green Onions Recipe at Epicurious.com – Ever wonder how soybeans turn into smooth, creamy tofu? First, the beans are pressed to extract soy milk, which is then curdled. The curds are drained, pressed, and cut into blocks of tofu.
- Tempeh – Tempeh is a soyfood made by controlled fermentation of cooked soybeans with a Rhizopus molds (tempeh starter). This fermentation binds the soybeans into a compact white cake. Tempeh has been a favorite food and staple source of protein in Indonesia for several hundred years. But it is now rapidly becoming popular all over the world as people look for ways to increase their intake of soy, known for its health benefits. They discover tempeh's versatility and delicious taste. Especially vegetarians and vegans find the structure and protein content interesting. Tempeh has a firm texture and a nutty mushroom flavour. It is very versatile and can be used in recipes in different ways. Normally tempeh is sliced or cut in cubes and fried until the surface is crisp and golden brown. You can also grate it like cheese. Tempeh can be used as ingredient in soups, spreads, salads and sandwiches. Tempeh is now commonly available in many supermarkets as well as in Asian markets and health food stores.
- Rachel’s Recipes – Rachel’s Organic – Here at Rachel’s, we’re all for delicious, healthy food that’s easy as pie to throw together. And that’s where these great ideas come in. As ever, spooning in sumptuously smooth products from the Rachel’s range is our secret recipe.
We’ve made everything more user-friendly than ever. You can search by season, occasion or your favourite Rachel’s product, share your tips and personal touches and save your favourite recipes.