These are my saved Pinboard links for 18th April 2012:
- Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe – 101 Cookbooks – Slices of this chocolate bundt cake spent the better part of the past week in the car with me. Each piece, wrapped in parchment, tucked between the Ak-Mak crackers and a jar of almond butter. It is a fine travel cake. One that can handle a day or two in the car – blizzards, bumps in the road, hairpin turns, and all. Topped with not much more than a sweep of icing, it's unfussy, and ready to go straight from the pan. I make it with a blend of whole wheat and all-purpose flours, lots of yogurt, and the darkest brown sugar I can get my hands on. And it was just the thing to unwrap on a picnic table underneath a grove of sky-scraping redwood trees.
- Sesame Almond Brown Rice Balls Recipe – 101 Cookbooks – Makes about 2 dozen small rice balls.
- Wheat Thins | Serious Eats : Recipes – When I was flipping through King Arthur Flour's Whole Grain Baking book, I knew I wanted to try at least one recipe that wasn't a typical loaf.
These whole wheat crackers looked like they had a nice balance of wheat, sweet, and salty, and the result was even better than I expected. The recipe calls for no yeast, so they're quick to make—no need to wait for rising.
What Worked: You know Wheat Thins? Well these do taste better. The store-bought crackers are usually better when topped with something, but these are snack-worthy all on their own.
What Didn't: This makes a fairly small bowl of crackers. There are a lot of crackers in that small bowl, but they're very thin and light, so it's not a lot of cracker volume. ff you're making them for a party, you might want to double or triple the recipe.
Suggested Tweaks: I didn't think these needed any additional salt on top, but next time I might add sesame seeds or flax seeds for both flavor and accent color.
- Buoy Tags – Labels for Apple Cables – Want to stop people from walking off with your iPhone charger? Ever had to take your best guess on which Earbuds are yours? Buoy Tags will help you keep track of your cables and stop unwanted sharing.
Just snap each of the specially sized tags on your Earbuds, USB Dock Cable and Magsafe Adapter to quickly identify your cables at home, in the office, or on the go. The sleek low-profile design and solid feel of Buoy Tags compliment the look and feel of your Apple gear.
- Coconut Curried Tofu with Green Jasmine Rice Recipe at Epicurious.com – Makes 4 servings
- Veggie lasagne with basil & four-cheese sauce – This dish is ideal for freezing. Wrap well and freeze at the end of step 3. Thaw and continue to cook from step 4.
- Stir-Fried Tofu with Mushrooms, Sugar Snap Peas, and Green Onions Recipe at Epicurious.com – Ever wonder how soybeans turn into smooth, creamy tofu? First, the beans are pressed to extract soy milk, which is then curdled. The curds are drained, pressed, and cut into blocks of tofu.