These are my saved Pinboard links for 17th October 2012:
- Naomi Duguid’s Golden Egg Curry | Serious Eats : Recipes – Eggs and tomato sauce seem to pop up everywhere these days. Most chefs have their own version of eggs in purgatory or shakshuka somewhere in their repertoire. But the Golden Egg Curry in Naomi Duguid's Burma, is decidedly different. The eggs are hard-boiled, peeled, and then fried in turmeric-laced peanut oil. The tomato sauce is sparse but redolent of sauteed shallots, garlic, and chiles, leaving the eggs to take center stage. There may not be a runny yolk to mop up, but the golden crisped exterior of the eggs more than makes up for it.
- Vegetable Shepherd’s Pie Recipe at Epicurious.com – Lentils and fresh and dried mushrooms give this vegetarian casserole its meaty character.
- Typominima – A gorgeous typography based minimal WordPress theme – Welcome fellow blogger to the demo installation of Typominima, a gorgeous typography based minimal WordPress theme fit for those just like you, people with a strong appetite for writing and publishing in a beautiful environment!
- elasticsearch – – Open Source, Distributed, RESTful, Search Engine – So, we build a web site or an application and want to add search to it, and then it hits us: getting search working is hard. We want our search solution to be fast, we want a painless setup and a completely free search schema, we want to be able to index data simply using JSON over HTTP, we want our search server to be always available, we want to be able to start with one machine and scale to hundreds, we want real-time search, we want simple multi-tenancy, and we want a solution that is built for the cloud.
"This should be easier", we declared, "and cool, bonsai cool".
elasticsearch aims to solve all these problems and more. It is an Open Source (Apache 2), Distributed, RESTful, Search Engine built on top of Apache Lucene.
- Slow Cooked Boston Beans with Mustard Mash | Total Greek Yoghurt – Serve Boston Beans with Mustard and Yoghurt Mash for a delicious and hearty family meal.