These are my saved Pinboard links for 17th July 2012:
- BBC – Food – Recipes : Nigel Slater’s Thai green curry – The succulent chicken in Nigel Slater’s Thai green curry absorbs the exotic fresh flavours of the other ingredients.
- Digi XBee® Examples & Guides | Step-by-step Tutorials for Implementing XBee® Wireless Modules in Electronics Projects – This site shows how to wirelessly connect sensors, outputs, motors. lights and Internet to XBee radios and other Digi International® products.
- Tofu Breakfast Sandwich, a la New York Deli | VegWeb.com, The World’s Largest Collection of Vegetarian Recipes – This is the perfect cure for those Bland Tofu Blues. The tofu should marinate AT LEAST overnight, then the rest of the recipe takes under 10 minutes to execute. It reminds me of the NYC deli breakfast specials of an "egg on a roll" for like a buck.
- WardCunningham/Smallest-Federated-Wiki – The original wiki was written in a week and cloned within a week after that. The concept was shown to be fruitful while leaving other implementors room to innovate. When we ask for simple, we are looking for the same kind of simplicity: nothing to distract from our innovation in federation.
We imagine two components:
a server component managing page storage and collaboration between peer servers, and,
a client component presenting and modifying the server state in server specific ways.
This project should be judged by the degree that it can:
Demonstrate that wiki would have been better had it been effectively federated from the beginning.
Explore federation policies necessary to sustain an open creative community.
- The Pizza Lab: Three Doughs to Know | Slice Pizza Blog – We've gone through a lot of pizza styles and recipes here at The Pizza Lab, but I still often get asked "what's the best pizza crust recipe you know?"
Well that's a tough question to answer. I like lager, my wife likes lager, sometimes cider. Different drinks for different needs, if you know what I mean. When I'm in the mood to fire up the grill or heat up the broiler, I might take my time and make a Neapolitan-style lean dough. If I want to relive my childhood without stepping out my apartment door, it's a New York-style. Company coming over and I want to feed a crowd without messing up the kitchen? It's Sicilian-style square pie all the way.
Here's a brief run-down on the three recipes that every home pie-maker should have in their arsenal to tackle all manner of pizza-centric circumstances.